If you’re considering enrolling on a postgraduate degree programme, now is the ideal time to gather information about your various options. One of the easiest ways to do this is by attending a postgraduate education fair. These events are great opportunities to speak directly with business school representatives about the potential benefits of Master’s, MBA, and doctoral business programmes, as well as admission and degree requirements.
As I get ready to represent the Frankfurt School programme at various MBA recruitment events around the world, I thought I would share some tips for those of you who plan to attend a postgraduate fair this autumn!
Before the fair
- Check out the list of schools and programmes that will be at the fair.
- Prepare to answer questions that the programme representative may ask you. For example:
- When do you plan to start your MBA or Master’s programme?
- What are your career goals after graduation?
At the event
- Prioritise your programme options and visit the schools you are most interested in first.
- Make a good first impression by dressing in business casual attire.
- Ask targeted questions that show you are well informed and truly interested in a postgraduate degree. For example:
- When is the application deadline? Is there more than one?
- Are tuition fee discounts available for submitting an application early?
- What are your admissions requirements?
- What is unique about your programme?
- What is the average class size for this program?
- What tests are required for admission?
- Is student housing available?
- What kind of corporate network is available?
- Bonus tip for MBA applicants: Bring a copy of your CV or resume so that the programme representative can check if you fulfill any work experience requirements and are a good fit for the programme.
- If you plan to submit an application to a programme, email the representative you met. Emphasise your interest in the programme and, if necessary, ask them to connect you to additional people on campus who might help you — such as the admissions officer, current students and alumni, etc.
- Find out if it is possible to schedule a campus visit or attend an online information event, such as a live video webcast.
- Finally, of course, don’t forget to apply!